The Cuatro Vientos Aerodrome is going to gather 10 drone flight operations on Thursday 23 June, for the second year in a row, the operation is going to be done on an airport with open air traffic of civil aircrafts.
10 drone flight operations
A live performance in which drones and aircrafts are going to operate jointly and share an airspace will be the culmination of the 2022 edition of World ATM Congress. The Congress is the only world-wide forum in which both manned and unmanned aviation sectors meet together, thanks to the integration of the Expodronica Pavilion, sponsored by UMILES Group.
The Cuatro Vientos Aerodrome (Madrid) is going to host the “Sky of the Future,” which features a total of 10 operations of unmanned aircrafts, at the same time that facilities welcome air traffic of civil and military flights. The main novelty for this edition is the only performance Iván Merino, UMILES ambassador and Spain Drone Champion, is going to do.
The imminent coexistence in the airspace between manned and unmanned aircrafts will be a reality for five hours, in a leading up to the Sky of the Future that, as Isabel Buatas, irector of Expodronica, explains, “it represents one of the most transformative challenges of the XXI Century.”
General access to the show requires registration and prior accreditation. Given the expected high attendance, use of public transportation to the event is recommended. The Director of World ATM Congress, Ken Carlisle, claims “The World ATM Congress creates a strong community, and fluent communication and a close cooperation between UTM and ATM sector. We achieved laying the foundations of Advanced Air Mobility as a single industry: one of operators utilising the same and only airspace.”
Below, is a timeline of the event:
- 18:00 – 18:15 h Access and accreditation of the event
- 18:20 – 18:45 h Performance of an emergency air accident drill by Madrid Municipal Police and the SAMUR at Zone 1
- 18:45 – 19:10 h Performance by Ineco-ENAIRE where ENAIRE introduces its CIS at Zone 1
- 19:10 – 19:35 h Performance by Dji Ars Madrid at Zone 1
- 19:35 – 20:00 h Performance by Tecnitop with the show of an airplane in real time thanks to Elios 3 point cloud at Zone 1
- 20:00 – 20:25 h Performance deployment of UAS systems and anti Drones for the public safety by Benidorm Local Police at Zone 1
- 20:25 – 20:50 h Performance by Acre Solutions with a flight show with Wingtra at Zone 1
- 20:50 – 21:15 h Performance by Iván Merino, Spain Drone Champion at Zone 1
- 21:15 – 21:40 h Performance of Saturn RPAS by Umiles with drones at Zone 1
- 21:40 – 22:40 h Performance by UPM of automated guidance based on a close vision at Zone Público
- 22:50 h Performance by Umiles Light Show Nocturno with 200 drones at Zone 2